1. Russell Luzier chose to step down as Chairman but still remains on the board of directors. Thank you Russell for your leadership as chairman.
Justin McGinnis was nominated to take over as Chairman.
2. A new gate was installed at the entrance to the dock in March.
3. We implemented new documents for renting a slip and new payment policies that require payment in advance for a slip. We have $0 past due for slips in 2014.
4. New St. Martins by the Bay signs were installed at Beauchamp and at the entrance to the community.
5. Plans for Ian Pokrywka’s home were approved by the board in May.
6. Used a survey to get home owners feedback on the warehouse and pool area.
The feedback we received was:
a. 70% of the community surveys would like the warehouse to be used for storage.
b. 60% of the community surveys would like to see a new lock installed at the pool.
c. 80% of the community felt that guests staying with a homeowner or given permission by the homeowner should be allowed to use the pool facility.
7. Sadly, the Waters home experienced a horrific fire and their home was completely lost and several other homes in the neighborhood experienced fire damage and the community water line was damaged from the fire trucks.
8. An outside vendor was contracted as the CPO to maintain our pool.
9. Because of the pool cover that was installed in 2013, opening the pool was part of the CPO contract and saved us $1500.
10.New commercial grade bathroom and pump room doors and locks were installed at the pool. The doors were donated by Ian Pokrywka, Thank you Ian!
11.Steve Thumma volunteered reinforced/repaired the boat dock ramp along with many figure piers were repaired. Thank you Steve!
12.The pumphouse exterior repairs were completed. This included stripping the entire exterior, removing the electric boxes and removed old railings. The exterior was repaired, salt guarded, thorosealed and painted. All new vinyl railings were installed, electric boxes on exterior were consolidated and new boxes were installed.
13.Oliver Walsh decided to step down from the board in October. Thank you Ollie for your service on the board.
14.One of our long standing lein homes was sold and funds were collected for the HOA
15.Unfortunately, our sign on Beauchamp Rd had to be removed in order for the sign at the horse farm could be installed.
16.Building plans were approved for the Waters home in October and construction has begun.
17.We held a fall work weekend to brush hog the fields, clean up the pool furniture and burn our brush pile, Thank you to all the volunteers.
18.As a result of water line breaks from the fire, the HOA received invoiced in the amount of $8000 and we have forwarded the invoices to our insurance company.
19.The boat dock was winterized by Justin, Mike and Craig
I look forward to a great 2015!
This blog is maintained by St. Martins HOA to provide the lighter side of living in St. Martins by the Bay.